Following the success of the 1st Malaysia International Counselling Conference 2014 (MICC2014) held in 2014, the Persatuan Kaunseling Malaysia Antarabangsa (PERKAMA International) is also known as the International Counselling Association of Malaysia (ICAM) with Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (JPA), Mental Health Association Sarawak (MHAS), and Persatuan Pegawai Psikologi Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (PSIPA) will organise a professional counselling seminar from 11th to 13th October 2016 at Hilton Hotel Kuching, which is in conjunction with Malaysia Counselling Month.
From family development to family harmony and to latest matters in mental health, the ProCoun’16 aims to create awareness about these issues in counselling and psychology among professionals in counselling specialties. They include local and international counsellors and psychologists, social work professionals, medical practitioners, educators and students in related specialties.
With emerging needs in counselling and psychological services, it is paramount for the professionals to stay abreast with current counselling theories and techniques for the best counselling practices in order to create sustainable communities and resilient people; transcending issues across race, religion, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and disruptive innovations and technologies.
The ProCoun’16 theme is ICare, YOUCare, WECare – where professionals will discuss about current best practices to deal with threats in communities and families related to socioeconomic, family dynamic, careers, and mental health.
- To gain advanced knowledge on current issues in counselling and psychology.
- To develop new knowledge on current issues in counselling and psychology.
- To understand the best counselling practices for various issues in counselling and psychology.
- To apply the best counselling practices for various issues in counselling and psychology.
- To enrich local and international engagements among professionals in counselling specialties with various industries, communities, and higher learning institutions.